What to bring to your yoga class?
- Don’t forget your yoga mat
- Notify the teacher of any injuries
- Bring your water bottle
- Bring a large towel (this will be used as a blanket in Shavasana, relaxation pose, at the end of the yoga class)
- Wear comfortable yoga clothes or comfortable loose clothing, nothing tight, this constricts movement
- Don’t forget your smile
- Everyone is equal and unique, compassion goes a long way.
Asato mā sadgamaya
Tamasomā jyotir gamaya
Oṁ śhānti śhānti śhāntiḥ
From ignorance, lead me to truth
From darkness, lead me to light
From death, lead me to immortality
Om peace, peace, peace
Oṁ Saha nāvavatu
Saha nau bhunaktu
Saha vīryam karavāvahai
Oṁ Shāntiḥ, Shāntiḥ, Shāntiḥ
Om, May we all be protected
May we all be nourished
May we work together with great energy
May our intellect be sharpened
Let there be no animosity amongst us
Om, peace, peace, peace
Arrive at least 5 minutes before your yoga class, this gives you time to settle and to connect with your practice before yoga starts, it is a special quiet time to find your intention.
- Don’t stand or walk on somebody else’s yoga mat, unless you asked permission first.
- Avoid coming to class on a full stomach, but make sure you are well nourished, you need energy for your yoga class.
- Put away your mobile phone, you have chosen this time to come and pay for your yoga class to connect with yourself and to learn about the yoga tools.
Respect the silence when we are starting yoga class and when we are ending yoga class, stay for Shavasana, it is the most important part of the WHOLE class.
Don’t wear any heavy perfumes to yoga and please take off your shoes.
It is better to rest at home, when you have a bad cough, fever or flu.